Friday, July 25, 2008

Mancation - San Diego - August 2007

suck in those guts dudes!!

Before we left for Chile in August 2007, I hooked up with my two older brothers for what we liked to call a 'mancation.' This is esentially a getaway sans wives and children where all you do are manly activities, such as golf, baseball games, and shoe shopping. We have had similar mancations in the past (hiking the Narrows in Zions National Park, hanging out in Seattle/Mariners game, and attending the Front Sight firearms 'resort' in Nevada, a.k.a. Guncamp), but this one was special as I was leaving for Chile within a few weeks. Steve (middle bro) and I (youngest bro) flew from Boise to San Diego to meet up with Doug (eldest bro), who lives is SoCal.

The itinerary was more or less like this:

Thursday: Attend Padres/Dbacks game at Petco Park, crash at the downtown Marriott

Friday : Pacific Beach for surfing lessons. Having grown up in SoCal, my bros and I have been around the ocean and have all surfed and/or bodyboarded to one degree or another. But I thought the longboard lessons would be cool. We were all doing pretty well until Steve and Doug got tangled up (not sure who 'dropped in' on who) but Doug got the worst of it and ended up with a pretty nice gash on his lip. This explains his hitler-like upper lip in the photo #1. Anyway, the injury was minor and we still had time to squeeze in some In-n-Out Burger (best burgers on the planet) and some jet-skiing in Mission Bay.

It was fun dudes: my our 'Bro-mance' never die!


No comments: